The single-sided hurricane tie is designed to resist moderate loads at the rafter/truss-to-top-plate connection. As part of a continuous load path, the hurricane tie resists both lateral and uplift loads. The symmetrical design eliminates the need for separate right and left parts.
- Embossments in bend line strengthen connection
- The top flange features an arrow line indicator to aid correct installation
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with (10) 0.131-in x 2-1/2-in nails or (10) #9 x 1-1/2-in Strong-Drive SD screws
- Install with 8d common nails or 9 x 1-1/2 in. strong-drive SD screws