The RT4 Hurricane Rafter Tie is used to secure trusses and rafters to top plates and may be used to tie wood framing members to resist uplift and lateral forces. It is constructed of 18-gauge steel with a triple zinc finish.
- Use all specified fasteners (four 8d nails for truss/rafter and four 8d nails for plate)
- For use with treated lumber
- All nail holes must be filled with specified nails
- Depending on pitch, birds mouth notching may be required with some models to enable installers to fill all nail holes
- Designer shall determine if solid blocking is required